Welcome to the best motorcycle helmets reviews article as we are here to help you choose the best motorcycle helmet. A great helmet not only takes your ride to the next level but also makes you cruise safe and sound.
As there are so many helmets of different brands and designs, it is really important to know what is your requirements. According to Forbes, a good motorcycle helmet increases performance by 60%.
After conducting deep research and carrying out interviews with professional cruisers and riders we have put together top best helmets of 2020 so that you can have your desired helmet within no time.
Before You Choose the Best Motorcycle Helmets
Before you choose your required helmet, you must know what type of rider you are and how you are going to use your helmet. As every helmet is designed for a special kind of ride and environment, it is important to know where you are going to use it.
If you are a mixed type of rider who loves to ride both in the country or fly like a rocket, you need a helmet that fits your everyday needs.
Before Buying the Best Motorcycle Helmets
Before buying the right kind of helmet you must know all the things to consider before buying. Knowing the pros and cons of buying a helmet makes your decision wise and fruitful.
Knowing all the types of helmets make you smart enough to choose the best for you.
We have listed each type of helmet for a deep understanding.
Before getting deep into the article you must know the following types of helmets briefly so you can choose easily according to your usage.
Most common types of motorcycle helmets:
There are usually five kinds of motorcycle helmets that are categorized on the basis of their shape. All of these types of helmets are secured by a chinstrap include:
A full-face helmet covers the entire head, with a rear that covers the base of the skull. The significant advantage of these helmets is their protectiveness. face shield, like a visor, that generally swipes up and down to allow access to the face. Some bikers dislike the type because of the increased heat, sense of isolation, lack of wind, and reduced hearing of such helmets.
Off-road / motocross:
The motocross and off-road helmet have a long chin and visor, a chin bar, and a partially open face to give the rider extra protection while wearing goggles and to allow the flow of air during the physical exertion.
Modular or “flip-up”:
A hybrid between full face and open face helmets for street use is the modular or “flip-up” helmet, also sometimes termed “convertible” or “flip-face”. When fully assembled and closed, they resemble full-face helmets. Its chin bar may be pivoted upwards by a special lever to allow access to most face parts. The rider can eat, drink or have a conversation without removing the helmet.
Open face or 3/4 helmet:
The open face, or “three-quarters”, helmet covers the ears, cheeks, and back of the head, but not the lower chin. Many safety measures used by the rider to reduce sunlight glare. An open face helmet provides less protection, unlike a full-face helmet.
Bugs, dust, or even wind to the face and eyes can cause rider discomfort or injury. As a result, it is not an uncommon type. riders wear wrap-around sunglasses or goggles for eye protection with these helmets.
The half helmet also referred to as a “Shorty” and “Pudding Basin” and popular with rockers and road racers. The half helmet provides the minimum coverage. As with the open face, this helmet’s eye protection through other means such as goggles.
So far we have discussed basic types of helmets that are categorized on the basis of shape. Now take a look at the world’s best motorcycle helmets that will make an easy way for you to choose the best one that would meet your needs.
List of Top ten Best Motorcycle Helmets
|1. Shoei Men's Rf-1200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||5.8|
|2.Arai XD4 Helmet||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4|
|3.Bell Qualifier DLX||⭐⭐⭐⭐||3.5|
|5.Bell Pit Boss||⭐⭐⭐⭐||3|
|9.Bell Moto-9 MIPS||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.8|
|10.HJC Star Wars||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4|
1. Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
The new Shoei Rf-1200 helmet is the latest product for men which is without flaws.it is manufactured in the USA. The Shoei helmet is an outstanding product with the newest features. The Shoei Rf-1200 helmet has been completely redesigned and provides you a better exterior and a comfortable interior. Its matte black color and well finished classic design suits with every personality.
- Large enough to get in and to exit.
- A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality.
- Four different shell sizes.
- A new reinforcing ridge at the top and bottom of the shield that prevents flex and deformation.
- Pinlock Lens
- The ridges also act as “max-vision”.
- The QRE base plate offers fine-tuning and makes it easier to release the face shield.
- The Shoei Rf-1200 helmet has 3D Max-Dry 2 System in the interior is softer to the touch and comfortable . to the neck and face.
2. Arai XD4 Helmet (Fluorescent Yellow, Large)
The most stylish, upgraded, and newest product Arai XD4 Helmet which is one of the best motorcycle helmets.it has an attractive design and lively color. Its cheek pad design delivers comfort, support, and fit like nothing you’ve ever felt. It is also developed to make easier access to the injured rider. no one can argue that the Arai XD’4 Sport Motorcycle Helmet is probably the best head protection that can save you from any serious accident.
- Arai XD4 Helmet is with a new round oval shell shape for better aerodynamic stability at a higher speed.
- Fluorescent Yellow.
- New exhaust ports.
- Emergency cheek pad release system to access the injured rider.
- Top-diffuser-vent ports to increase the airflow.
- Dry-Cool technology to keep you drier and cooler.
- The new larger, sculpted vents improve ventilation efficiency and make it stable on the head.
3.Bell Qualifier DLX Impulse Pink Full Face Helmet
Bell Qualifier DLX Helmet comes jam-packed with the great features that standardize its importance in the market.it is also used by sport and street bikes for the rough and tough biking.it is a super stable aerodynamic profile keeping the helmet. Its stylish design and color make it more attractive to the buyers.
- Bell Qualifier DLX is lightweight with a polycarbonate shell.
- aerodynamic profile for stability.
- Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- the Transitions Photochromic light-reactive visor.
- Contoured cheek pads.
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Transitions Adaptive Face Shield
- Integrated speaker pockets
- Padded Wind Collar
4. O’Neal 0817-504 unisex-adult full-face style Sierra II Helmet
O’Neal Sierra II Helmet is designed for highly aggressive adventurous bikers. The construction of the product is right according to those people. it is compact, bearable, strong, and comfortable. The field of view is outstanding and the flip-down sun visor.O’Neal helmet is highly recommended for street riders.
- Polycarbonate/ABS construction.
- Integrated face shield with UV protection from sunlight
- Meets DOT and ECE 22.05 safety standards
- Height adjustable helmet shield
- Padded Chin Strap with Double-D safety lock
- Vent holes for optimal ventilation
- Removable/washable air channeled comfort liner
- Vent holes for optimal ventilation
- Full windscreen and a visor with a drop-down tinted shield
5.Bell Pit Boss Open-Face Motorcycle Helmet
So it’s the time to discuss the king of the road, PitBoss helmets. It is a half helmet which is the most demanded type of helmet in the market. People like it more than any other.it may look shabby or deceiving but its quality content is unreachable by other competitors. It has multiple features that are so compelling for the buyer and people want to buy it again and again.
- TriMatrix (carbon/Kevlar/fiberglass composite) shell
- Removable neck curtain for cold-weather riding
- Innovative Speed Dial adjustable fit system
- EPS Design
- Internal Sun Shade provides protection from the sun
- Convenient speaker pockets
- Curved visor
- It weighs 3 pounds.
6.Shoei Neotec II Helmet
The Shoei Neotec II Helmet is the latest version of neotec I and they dial it up with an impressive update.it has many outstanding features which makes it more productive for the buyers. Its great ventilation in the dry makes it one of the best helmets. The new Shoei is completely comfortable, even for a very long day’s riding.
- Revamped vent scheme
- 360 Pivot Locking System locks down a chin bar with a multi-piece EPS liner.
- Sena SRL Communication System
- A micro ratchet chin strap
- Noise Isolator cheek pads.
- Pinlock Evo anti-fog
- Highly-aerodynamic shell
- Flip-Up Face Cover and Face Shield
- 3D injection-molded inner sun shield
7.ScorpionExo Covert Unisex helmet
A Perfectly Good Half Helmet And Aggressive “Bad Ass” look. This Radical Design Can assist To Work With Any Type Of Bike. A Half Helmet And Added An Integrated Drop- Down Sun Visor For Protection. it fits well and feels well, it’s not too tight or too loose, it feels nice and doesn’t cause any discomfort.
- Advanced LG Polycarbonate shell
- Retractable tinted sun-visor That minimize Eye Strain
- Removable front Mask with neodymium magnets
- Block-off plates
- Dual-density EPS Aero-Tuned Ventilation System
- Anti-Microbial Comfort Liner, Warm In Cool Weather Liner
- Removable Rear Comfort Sleeve
- Removable Front Mask With Neodymium Magnets Double D-Ring Chin Strap System
8.Bell Custom 500 Special Edition Open-Face Motorcycle Helmet
Bell Custom 500 helmet is a low profile, open face protection. That is a classic ¾ helmet.there are multiple 5 different sizes are known in the market. It gives a personalized fit to the bikers. Fit and finish are impeccable, there is unlimited shield and visor accessories available, that you can personalize.it is one of the best categories that invent truly protective helmets.
- Fiberglass Composite Shell
- Anti-bacterial interior.
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Velcro friendly ear pockets for audio.
- Shields and visors for excellent ventilation.
9. Bell Moto-9 MIPS Off-Road Motorcycle helmet
The Bell Moto 9 Helmet is a true cornerstone of the industry. For years Bell has been a leader in the off-road motorcycle market, and the Moto 9 has a pedigree to match.if you’re looking for a jam-packed model you will definitely like it. Velocity ventilation airflow is enough for super comfort and many more upgraded bell’s features that are irresistible.
- Velocity flow ventilation that an engineered technology makes the rider cool and dry.
- Magne fusion magnetic cheek pads for easy removal.
- MIPS – Slip-plane designed to reduce rotational forces.
- TRI-MATRIX shell
- X-STATIC XT2 SILVER LINER which provides odor protection.
- Flying Bridge Visor system
- QuickFlip visor screws for easy adjustment
10. HJC Star Wars Unisex-Adult Full face CS-R3 Storm Trooper motorcycle helmet
HJC stormtrooper has Advanced Polycarbonate Shell. The model is Lightweight, superior fit. HJC makes an extremely comfortable helmet. The HJC CS-R3 Helmet features adjustable ventilation and it can be upgraded with a variety of different face shields. Thanks to the tool-less design found on the CS-R3.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell.
- 2-stage shield closure system with a shield locking system for an extremely tight security
- ACS Advanced Channeling ventilation system with adjustable forehead and chin vents.
- Two rear exhausts
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System
- HJ-09 Anti-Scratch Face shield: Hard coated 3D shield design provides 95% U.V. protection and Anti-Scratch coating.
- ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: airflow from front and back that flushes heat & humidity up & out.
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes.
- Easily converts to snowmobile application
- Installation of Cardo Packtalk
- Tinted visor
A Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Motorcycle Helmet
So after reviewing all the best motorcycle helmets of different companies above you make an optimistic approach and choose best according to your individualistic need and desire…but wait.. wait.. wait.. the choosing session is not ended here you must consider some factors which are equally important when you are going to buy the best. Many will examine the price tag and nothing else. Never do this, as price should never be placed above your safety!
Testing And Certification:
The US Department of Transportation…DOT has implemented some safety measures for all the motorcycle helmets sold in the country, all will be tested completely and ensures that the product is accurate and meet all set forth in the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218 guidelines. Every product has a stick outside.it is very easy to spot that letter ‘DOT’ it is rare to find a helmet without this label, if you do, you should not purchase it.
Head Size, Fit, And Comfort:
Although safety is all above important to attain a prolonged comfort level is also an important factor to get a good biking experience. If the helmet is not comfortable then obviously you will never like it and never want to buy it. Helmets should fit perfectly according to your right head size and it should fit your head snugly.
A good helmet has multiple layers of shields that make a clear view of the roadway ahead for the riders.it is too risky and dangerous to wear the helmet if it would obscure the vision especially in the fog or night. The goggles are also recommended for the more clear vision and it also protects your eyes from dirt, bugs, or insects.
The ventilation factor is directly proportional to the comfort level. A good helmet should not be like a sweatbox. Its interior should be designed in a way that there are plenty of ventilation ports that flush out hot air and optimizes the inner temperature. The helmet should be fit snugly with your head but also should be ventilated then you can wear it for a prolonged comfy ride.
Design and aesthetics:
It is so natural that you want to be updated and you will definitely want to look fashionable also so you will select that product which has beautiful color and design according to your personality and gender.
Also, remember that you can always add graphics to your helmet later. This is not a necessity, but it will help customize the appearance of the helmet for your attention.
Chinstrap has a very important role. it attaches your head to the helmet. Make sure that your chin strap has solid rivets that tie the strap perfectly. Your chin neither is so loose nor too tight.
It is an economic factor.but not more important than your life so take your time, investigate properly, and choose the best and safest helmet and don’t go for saving money.
It is an innovation in the latest helmet models. It will help you to attend important calls and u can play your favorite tracks that give you peace of mind and tranquility.
Speaker & microphone:
With the improvement of technology, motorcycle helmets have become increasingly innovative. One of the latest innovations is the speaker and the microphone of the helmet.
Finally, you should remember that some motorcycle helmets have warranty cards. This can increase the total value of the helmet. If something unusual happens, the warranty will give you the opportunity to correct the problem, without paying anything else.
Why are motorcycle helmets so expensive?
A motorcycle helmet is expensive because of its high-quality construction, its well-designed interior, and well-finished exterior, and somewhere company policies also matter.
What are the best helmets for motorcycles?
The foremost purpose of a helmet is protection so the Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet is at its best.
Which type of helmet is best?
The modular ‘flip-up’ and full-face helmet types are most recommended and favorites in the bike riders. Because a full-face helmet provides protection and modular is convertible.
What is the best motorcycle helmet for the money?
Shoei XR1100 Motorcycle Helmet and Shoei Solid Neotec 2 Motorcycle Helmet these two helmets are high rated helmets in the market on the basis of price.
How many years does a motorcycle helmet last?
Common bike riders usually change their helmets in three years but experts say that any helmet can be expired in five to seven years. It may differ according to the care you put on it or the quality of the helmet.
We have discussed with you many points about the best motorcycle helmets available in the market including the types, best motorcycle helmets review, and things that you should consider while buying a helmet.
We tried our best to keep you informed by every motorcycle helmet that can perform well for your safety in your adventurous riding experience.
Helmets may vary on the basis of protection, price, quality, shape but it’s all up to your choice which one is according to your individualistic need and desire.