If you are looking for the best motorcycle helmets for beginners, this blog is surely for you. To be a starter of an adventurous ride, it seems like an enormous barrier to finding the best riding gear so steel yourself because we’re here to break it down for you the basic details about the best motorcycle helmets for beginners.
Basically, the best helmet has major defense features like safety and protection it minimizes the risks of any serious injury and plays a big role to save your life according to the research of Forbes. So you really need to wear an accurate motorcycle helmet whether your state is strict this rule or not.
Different helmets deliver you different varieties of key features on the basis of their provision, styles, functions, quality, price, comfort, and safety.
After gathering information from experts, experienced bike riders, and helmet manufacturers our creative team has lined up a huge variety of helmets only for the beginners.
In this blog so that they get to know some initial practicalities & specs of helmets and get the know-how of different top brands and companies serving in the market. So that they can make their decision wisely.
Choosing the Right Helmet
Before picking a right helmet with the latest features you should better know your individualistic needs and requirement. If you don’t know anything that you really want you can’t attain the maximum benefits of your pick-up product and even we can’t serve you properly.
To make your biking experience cruise and safe we have penned down best reviews with their complete pros and cons and last but not the least buyer’s guide that helps you to pick the right one.
Get in touch with us to get the more latest findings of the helmets in our upcoming blog the Best motorcycle helmets 2020.
Before getting deep into the article you must know the following types of helmets briefly so you can choose easily according to your usage.
Most common types of motorcycle helmets:
You have so much to learn, to initiate your basic learning of the best motorcycle helmets. There are usually five kinds of motorcycle helmets that are categorized on the basis of their shape. All of these types of helmets are secured by a chinstrap include:
A full-face helmet covers the entire head, with a rear that covers the base of the skull. The significant advantage of these helmets is their protectiveness. face shield, like a visor, that generally swipes up and down to allow access to the face. Some bikers dislike the type because of the increased heat, sense of isolation, lack of wind, and reduced hearing of such helmets.
Off-road / motocross:
The motocross and off-road helmet have a long chin and visor, a chin bar, and a partially open face to give the rider extra protection while wearing goggles and to allow the flow of air during the physical exertion.
Modular or “flip-up”:
A hybrid between full face and open face helmets for street use is the modular or “flip-up” helmet, also sometimes termed “convertible” or “flip-face”. When fully assembled and closed, they resemble full-face helmets. Its chin bar may be pivoted upwards by a special lever to allow access to most face parts. The rider can eat, drink or have a conversation without removing the helmet.
Open face or 3/4 helmet:
The open face, or “three-quarters”, helmet covers the ears, cheeks, and back of the head, but not the lower chin. Many safety measures used by the rider to reduce sunlight glare. An open face helmet provides less protection, unlike a full-face helmet.
Bugs, dust, or even wind to the face and eyes can cause rider discomfort or injury. As a result, it is not an uncommon type. riders wear wrap-around sunglasses or goggles for eye protection with these helmets.
The half helmet also referred to as a “Shorty” and “Pudding Basin” and popular with rockers and road racers. The half helmet provides the minimum coverage. As with the open face, this helmet’s eye protection through other means such as goggles.
So the beginners! We have discussed the basic types of helmets. Now get ready to take a review of the world’s best motorcycle helmets lined up for you. It includes helmets with a huge variety of high and cheap price, top branded, and feature enriched helmets that will make an easy way for you to choose the best one that would meet your needs.
List of top ten best motorcycle helmets for beginners
|1.LS2 Helmets Modular Strobe||4||4.3|
|2.Bell Qualifier Full-Face||5||4.5|
|3.ScorpionExo Covert Unisex||4||4.5|
|4.Shoei Neotec II Helmet||5||4.9|
|5.Bell Custom 500 Special Edition||2.8||4.3|
|6.HJC 824-614 CL-17||5||4.7|
|7.ScorpionEXO Unisex-Adult Modular||5||4.1|
|8.Shoei Solid Neotec 2 Modular||5||4.7|
|9.KLIM TK1200 MD Illumino Hi-Vis ECE||4.7||4.2|
|10.Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face||5.8||4|
1.LS2 Helmets Modular Strobe Helmet
So here we start with the first motorcycle helmet on the top. Fortunately, This racing helmet is the successor that is a huge hit in the motorcycle gear market. It is built for motorcycle riders the LS2 Strobe is so comfortable, you’ll forget you have it on. DOT/ECE approved.LS2 Strobe offers you those features which you can expect to cost twice as much.
- Matte black.
- Modular full-face motorcycle helmet
- Little eyeglass icons on the sides.
- full-metal latch system that provides a secure closet for safety with an easy button
- The chin bar has a secure detent
- This modular helmet has LS2’s Twin Shield System with a built-in Twin Shield System Sun Shield, for sun protection.
- The Strobe uses a slide and cable technology to engage the sun shield smoothly.
- LS2’s short-shift Tool-less Quick Release
- 3D Laser Cut foam in the cheek pads.
- The Kinetic Polycarbonate Alloy (KPA) shell is aerodynamic.
- This model has an INTERMEDIATE OVAL FIT.
2.Bell Qualifier Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
Bell Qualifier helmet is a new, comfortable, and super safe motorcycle helmet. That is truly affordable with a new look. It is constructed with the polycarbonate/ABS composite shell that makes it lighter. Its overall size looks small but it is available in different sizes in the market that gives personalized fit and feeling of comfort because of its interior lining.
- polycarbonate/ABS composite shell that makes it lighter.
- Three shell and EPS design that gives a personalized fit
- Click release shield system-fastest and easiest swaps ever
- Padded Wind Collar drastically reduces wind and road noise
- Integrated speaker pockets
- Contoured cheek pads
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- coated version of the multidirectional impact protection system (MIPS)
3.ScorpionExo Covert Unisex helmet
A Perfectly Good Half Helmet And Aggressive “Bad Ass” look. This Radical Design Can assist To Work With Any Type Of Bike. A Half Helmet And Added An Integrated Drop- Down Sun Visor For Protection. it fits well and feels well, it’s not too tight or too loose, it feels nice and doesn’t cause any discomfort.
- Advanced LG Polycarbonate shell
- Retractable tinted sun-visor That minimize Eye Strain
- Removable front Mask with neodymium magnets
- Block-off plates
- Dual-density EPS Aero-Tuned Ventilation System
- Anti-Microbial Comfort Liner, Warm In Cool Weather Liner
- Removable Rear Comfort Sleeve
- Removable Front Mask With Neodymium Magnets Double D-Ring Chin Strap System
4.Shoei Neotec II Helmet
The Shoei Neotec II Helmet is the latest version of neotec I and they dial it up with an impressive update.it has many outstanding features which makes it more productive for the buyers. Its great ventilation in the dry makes it one of the best helmets. The new Shoei is completely comfortable, even for a very long day’s riding.
- Revamped vent scheme
- 360 Pivot Locking System locks down a chin bar with a multi-piece EPS liner.
- Sena SRL Communication System
- A micro ratchet chin strap
- Noise Isolator cheek pads.
- Pinlock Evo anti-fog
- Highly-aerodynamic shell
- Flip-Up Face Cover and Face Shield
- 3D injection-molded inner sun shield
5.Bell Custom 500 Special Edition Open-Face Motorcycle Helmet
Bell Custom 500 helmet is a low profile, open face protection. That is a classic ¾ helmet.there are multiple 5 different sizes are known in the market. It gives a personalized fit to the bikers. Fit and finish are impeccable, there is unlimited shield and visor accessories available, that you can personalize.it is one of the best categories that invent truly protective helmets.
- Fiberglass Composite Shell
- Anti-bacterial interior.
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Velcro friendly ear pockets for audio.
- Shields and visors for excellent ventilation.
6.HJC 824-614 CL-17 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
The HJC 824-614 CL-17 motorcycle helmet offers two main functions which are most favorite of every bike rider that is protection and ventilation and provides super comfy room to wear for a longer period.it is a lightweight and comfortable helmet because it is manufactured with an advanced polycarbonate compound, comes with a full warranty and is DOT and Snell compliant.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
- Advanced CAD technology
- Anti-Scratch Pinlock ready Face Shield (HJ-09) New 3D design provides 95 percent U.V. protection.
- Side shield lock mechanism for an ultra-secure seal.
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System.
- The shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal, and installation for efficient operation.
- 2-Stage shield closure system with a one-touch center open/close shield locking system makes for an extremely tight and secure seal.
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System. Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
- SuperCool Moisture-Wicking Interior.
- Fully removable cheek pads and liner. Anti-Bacterial Fabric. All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes
- Comes with a breath box.
- Metal mesh exhaust vents
7.ScorpionEXO Unisex-Adult Modular/Flip Up Motorcycle Helmet
This helmet is a real big treat for all those bikers who are looking for the best motorcycle helmets for beginners.The ScorpionEXO is an aerodynamic touring helmet. The hull of this touring motorcycle helmet created minimal wind resistance (even at higher speeds). The lining and pillows offer prolonged comfort without a sweat. The helmet is manufactured with Advanced LG Polycarbonate Shell. The product is DOT certified.
- Dual Density EPS
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation System
- Ever Clear No-Fog Face shield
- Oversized Eye-port
- Full face ADV helmet with external peak visor attached
- The folding sun visor has done a great job blocking intense sunlight
- The internal drop-down Speed view sun visor and KwikWick II liner will keep you comfortable all-day
- The no-fog Ever clear face shield can be removed
8.Shoei Solid Neotec 2 Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Shoei Neotec II Helmet is undoubtedly the best motorcycle helmet for beginners in the market. be relaxed because its DOT Approved. A culmination of all that Shoei has innovated throughout his history. Take a breath and see how great the build on the helmet is already an innovative design of the original Neotec.
- Solid blue metallic
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing
- Vortex Generator on the face cover
- The visor works to reduce noise and manage airflow around the helmet
- 360º Pivot Locking System made of high-quality stainless steel components.
- Exhaust outlets
- Noise Isolator cheek pads
- Aero Deflector along the chin bar adds stability.
- A micro ratchet chin strap makes securing the helmet and removing the helmet quick and easy.
- A multi-piece EPS liner made out of varying densities of foam absorbs impact energy.
- Sena SRL Communication System for a clean and low profile installation.
9.KLIM TK1200 MD Illumino Hi-Vis ECE/DOT motorcycle helmet
The KLIM company showed that the helmets can be lightweight safe and comfortable at the same time. The KLIM company has its own improved standards and always stays in its own limelight in the market. The KLIM TK1200 Illumino HI-Viz helmet is molded to fit luxury features and reduce weight.
- The optically superior shield system is capable of the highest performance in all light conditions.
- Featuring proprietary adaptive lens technology fr
- om TRANSITIONS
- A proprietary break-away chin bar into the TK1200 reduces force upon the head and neck in the event of an accident with the modular system in the open position.
- The Transitions face shield and the Pinlock lens block the strong rays during the day, passing through the fog at dawn.
- Focus on the road ahead and fully engage with the ride thanks to KLIM’s perfected Aero Acoustic performance.
- The KLIM TK1200 features a full carbon-fiber shell construction done differently
- KLIM’s micrometric buckle securement allows for quick fitment and even faster release–getting your custom fit experience on and off with ease
- KLIM’s leading passive safety design experience and proficiency in hi-visibility and retroreflective materials is infused in theTK1200’s DNA.
10.Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
The new Shoei Rf-1200 helmet is the latest product for men which is without flaws.it is manufactured in the USA. The shoei’s helmet is an outstanding product with the newest features. The Shoei Rf-1200 helmet has been completely redesigned and provides you a better exterior and a comfortable interior. Its matte black color and well finished classic design suits with every personality.
- Large enough to get in and to exit.
- A lighter, more compact, streamlined helmet with next-level functionality.
- 4 different shell sizes.
- A new reinforcing ridge at the top and bottom of the shield that prevents flex and deformation.
- Pinlock Lens
- The ridges also act as “max-vision” .
- The QRE base plate offers fine-tuning and makes it easier to release the face shield.
- The Shoei Rf-1200 helmet has 3D Max-Dry 2 System in the interior is softer to the touch and comfortable . to the neck and face.
A Beginner’s Buying Guide for Best Motorcycle Helmets for beginners
So after reviewing all the best motorcycle helmets of different companies and brands above you make an optimistic approach and get a basic understanding of which types and features in a helmet you can avail. choose best according to your individualistic need and desire but wait.
The choosing session is not ended here you must consider some factors which are equally important when you are going to buy the best. Many will examine the price tag and nothing else. Never do this, as price should never be placed above your safety!
Testing And Certification:
Beginners should know this abbreviation. (The US Department of Transportation)…DOT has implemented some safety measures for all the motorcycle helmets sold in the country, you will notice a DOT sign on the back of the helmet that ensures the product is accurate and meets all set forth in the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218 guidelines. Every product has a stick outside.it is very easy to spot that letter ‘DOT’ it is rare to find a helmet without this label, if you do, you should not purchase it.
Head Size, Fit, And Comfort:
Although safety is all above important especially for the new blood and to attain a prolonged comfort level is also an important factor to get a good biking experience. If the helmet is not comfortable then obviously you will never like it and never want to buy it. Helmets should fit perfectly according to your right head size and it should fit your head snugly.
Usually, youngsters drive fast so clear optics and great visibility are all important for the safe ride. It is too risky and dangerous to wear the helmet if it would obscure the vision, especially in the fog or night.
A good helmet has multiple layers of shields that make a clear view of the roadway ahead for the riders. The goggles are also recommended for the more clear vision and it also protects your eyes from dirt, bugs, or insects.
The ventilation factor is directly proportional to the comfort level. A good helmet should not be like a sweatbox. Its interior should be designed in a way that there are plenty of ventilation ports that flush out hot air and optimizes the inner temperature.
The helmet should be fit snugly with your head but also should be ventilated then you can wear it for a prolonged comfy ride.
Design and aesthetics:
In the present time, we see a scope of following new trends and vogue. Our new generation especially follows the new trendsetters, fashion innovators and want to be updated like them. So you should select that product which has beautiful color and design according to your vogue, personality, and gender.
Also, remember that you can always add graphics to your helmet later. Mainly, it will help customize the appearance of the helmet for your attention.
Chinstrap has a very important role. it attaches your head to the helmet. Make sure that your chin strap has solid rivets that tie the strap perfectly. Your chin neither is so loose nor too tight.
It is an economic factor. but not more important than your life so take your time, investigate properly, and choose the best and safest helmet, and don’t go for saving money.
It is an innovation in the latest helmet models.it will help you to attend important calls and u can play your favorite tracks that give you peace of mind and tranquility.
Speaker & microphone:
With the improvement of technology, motorcycle helmets have become increasingly innovative. One of the latest innovations is the speaker and the microphone of the helmet.
Finally, you should remember that some motorcycle helmets have warranty cards. This can increase the total value of the helmet. If something unusual happens, the warranty will give you the opportunity to correct the problem, without paying anything else.
1. Why are motorcycle helmets so expensive?
A motorcycle helmet is expensive because of its high-quality construction, its well-designed interior, and well-finished exterior, and somewhere company policies also matter.
2. What are the best helmets for motorcycles?
The foremost purpose of a helmet is protection so the Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet is at its best.
3. Which type of helmet is best?
The modular ‘flip-up’ and full-face helmet types are most recommended and favorites in the bike riders. Because a full-face helmet provides protection and modular is convertible.
4. What is the best motorcycle helmet for the money?
Shoei XR1100 Motorcycle Helmet and Shoei Solid Neotec 2 Motorcycle Helmet These two helmets are high rated helmets in the market on the basis of price.
5. How many years does a motorcycle helmet last?
Common bike riders usually change their helmets in three years but experts say that any helmet can expire in five to seven years. It may differ according to the care you put on it or the quality of the helmet.Wrap up!
We have discussed all points that help you to initiate your biking journey with safe gear about the best motorcycle helmets available in the market including the types, best motorcycle helmets review, and things that you should consider while buying a helmet. we tried our best to keep you informed by every motorcycle helmet that can perform well for your safety in your adventurous riding experience.
Best Motorcycle Helmets may vary on the basis of protection, price, quality, shape but it is all up to your choice which one is according to your individualistic need and desire.
Let us know in the comment section about your experience of helmets to give a deep insight into professional biking adventures.