Welcome to the best motorcycle helmets for hot weather review article. As the hottest months of the year are on the way and your demand to buy the best-ventilated motorcycle helmets also increased. In this emerging hour, We are here to give you the reviews about top ventilated motorcycle helmets to make your choice best out of best.
A ventilated helmet saves you from exhaustion and suffocation with an excellent defense and promises to keep your head not frying during a ride.
Why you should have a ventilated helmet?
Make yourself ready for the upcoming hot weather riding underneath the scorching sun with the best safety gear. Top markets offer you many helmets for hot weather of different brands and designs with hot deals, After in-depth research and many interviews with professional cruisers and experts we have penned down the list of top best-ventilated helmets that you were seeking for so you can own one of them happily to enjoy zestful rides of sunny days.
These helmets will give you better comfort, safety, and best ventilation and make you cool and hydrated in the harsh, dry, unforgiving wind and sweaty ride.
See also: Best Motorcycle Helmets
Before you buy a helmet
The Buying Guide is designed to cover all points that you should consider before buying. Knowing the pros and cons of buying a helmet makes your decision wise and productive. Knowing all the types of helmets provides you with a deep understanding to choose the best for you.
Before getting deep into the article you must know the following types of helmets briefly.
Basic Types of helmets
Broadly speaking there are five basic styles of helmet chinstrap is available with every type for securing purpose. Every type has its own specifications and is made for different kinds of rides so that you can choose according to the individualistic need and desire.
Full face helmet:
The most preferable advantage of these helmets is their protectiveness.. the rider’s face can be completely enclosed in the helmet. It covers most of the parts of the head to the base of the skull. A face shield covers the eyes and nose that is a barrier against external impacts like dirt and bugs and by easy swiping you can have easy access to the rider in unwanted situations. But Some bikers dislike the type because of the increased heat, sense of isolation, lack of wind, and reduced hearing and not made for hot weather it is least ventilated and less comfortable. It is common in most of the communities of the country.
Open face or 3/4 helmet:
This type is most favorable in summer days and makes you look smart. It is a less protective helmet. It does not cover your front part of the head means chin and face with no face shield. It is also called a“three-quarter” helmet, which covers everything except the rider’s face.it doesn’t protect your face from hot air, harsh and dry wind, sunlight, or bugs.sunglasses are highly recommended for better protection. Open face helmet is commonly worn by riders on cruisers, retros, and classics.
Modular helmet or ‘flip-up’:
Modular type is also called a flip-up helmet. Fortunately, It comes to you with an innovative design that is a perfect combo of two different types. It looks like a full-face helmet but with Only one swing it changes its shape and converts itself into an open face helmet. so you can use both functions interchangeably.it is a good option for the hot weather when you convert into an open face helmet. Touring and commuter riders use it frequently.you must have a look at our other article if you are looking for the best motorcycle helmets for touring. So can get more about touring helmets
It is a perfect choice for adventure and cruise riding. helmet covers both disciplines if you like the transition from the street to the trail in a single ride. The manufacturers mimic a dirt helmet with a peak (like the bill on a cap over the eyes). You can see the ADV helmets worn by dual-sport and ADV riders mostly. Goggles are highly recommended for the safety of the eyes.
The half helmet, also named as a “Shorty” and “Pudding Basin” and popularly worn by rockers and road racers. The half helmet provides the minimum coverage and the least protection. The helmet should be secured with chinstrap which is very important otherwise it can be dropped. As with the open face, goggles should be worn with a helmet for eye protection.
So far we have discussed above the basic types of helmets that are categorized on the basis of shape. Now here are reviews of the world’s best-ventilated motorcycle helmets that will make an easy way for you to choose the best one that would make your ride cool, cruise, and safe.
Best Motorcycle Helmets for Hot Weather
|MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated||3.3||4.9|
|Typhoon Adult Full Face||4||4.4|
|Storm Motorcycle Modular Full Face||4||4.5|
|ScorpionExo EXO-GT920 Full Face||2||4.5|
|LS2 Helmets Full Face Stream||4.8||4.5|
|Biltwell Lane Splitter||4||4.6|
|AHR DOT Motorcycle||4.7||4.7|
|ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip up||5||4.5|
|Voss 888FRP Bullet Cruiser||2||4.7|
1.MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmets
The mophoto helmet spotted on the top of our list that is equipped with some exclusive features. The modular helmet is designed with an in-built Bluetooth system that makes you connected with your loved ones. The professional design which is exterior with ABS shell gives you the comfort of another level; its interior lining is being featured with an advanced ventilation system. It is DOT approved because it meets the safety standards.
- Matte black
- Intercom helmet
- Flip-up Modular type Helmet
- Sculptured with ABS shell
- advanced ventilation system
- In-built Bluetooth integrated
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap for emergency
- Removable and washable Inner Lining Pads
- Able to Connect with Microphone, Stereo Sound Music and GPS system
- 800mAh battery
- Live GPS guide
- Reflective material is located at the back to provide additional safety from other riders
- high definition anti-fog lens which enables you to ride in the rain or fog
- Equipped with dual visors to protect from the glare of the sun.
- Meets DOT safety standards
2.Typhoon Adult Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
The lightweight full-face helmet is constructed with a polycarbonate shell that is fully equipped with an Interior cooling and airflow channeling system to make you feel dry and cool on summer days.Removable/washable The liner is hygienically good. Securing a proper fit and removing is easy thanks to the quick release strap. This helmet has dot certification.
- It Meets DOT safety standards
- durable matte finish
- Full face motorcycle helmet
- Constructed with lightweight polycarbonate shell
- sturdy adjustable ventilation system
- For unwanted situation, it is equipped with Quick release padded strap
- Adjustable air intake lower rail
- upper intake vents that have Dual locks
- Interior cooling and airflow channeling system
- Removable/washable and moisture-wicking liner
- contoured cheek pads on both sides for good fit
- clear Lexan face shield with anti-scratch coating
- Quick change face shield brackets
- A removable breath deflector helps to reduce condensation and keep the helmet cool
3.1Storm Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet
The 1 storm advanced modular helmet is being rounded up on the top best helmets because of its six ventilation opening system.it is also DOT approved. Its lightweight aerodynamic design provides good stability and durability. The glossy and watery finish protects from UV rays and makes your friends jealous.
- It meets or exceeds DOT safety standards.
- Advanced Modular/Flip-up type helmet
- Dual visor Design one is an inner smoked visor and the other is an outer clear shield.
- Manufactured with LightWeight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- The exterior is designed with Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Interior lining is padded with Removable and Washable material that is good for riders health
- 6 in-built vents to provide a proper ventilation system.
- Quick Release Buckle for safety
4.ScorpionExo EXO-GT920 Full Face Modular Helmet
The scorpion’s helmet is a newly innovated modular helmet which has a redesigned shell, it is more aerodynamic and lightweight that provides excellent stability and control. The EXO-GT920 is full Packed with all-new modifications that are the basic need of modern discerning cruisers. The helmet is featured with a SpeedView drop-down sun visor, KwikWick II liner, and aero-tuned ventilation.
- Solid black
- DOT certified
- The exterior is Manufactured Premium Polycarbonate shell
- Its Aero-tuned ventilation system features dual intake ports that force cool air in, and there is one main exhaust vent that pulls hot air out.
- the Advanced multi-layer EPS provides superior energy displacement.
- Ever Clear Anti-Fog Face shield: Optically-clear shield with state-of-the-art fog-free technology.
- Anti-Scratch hardened coating that provides a complete UV-A & UV-B protection
- A SpeedView Retractable Sun-Visor: Retractable interchangeable internal sun visor. Also provided with an easy-sliding mechanism.
- Clear anti-fog coating on both surfaces to give a clearer view of foggy nights.
- KwikWick II Washable Comfort Liner has the anti-microbial fabric in the interior of the helmet that keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, and warm in cool weather.
5.LS2 Helmets Full Face Stream Street Helmet
The Stream Helmet pack comes to your doorstep with multiple good features. It is sculptured with a lightweight and aerodynamic Kinetic Polymer Alloy shell. The fabric comfort liner placed in the interior wicks away moisture that maintains your comfort level and safety. The Stream has the easiest to use Tool-less Quick Release on the market. and makes swapping shields a breeze. The meets or exceeds the DOT and ECE safety standards.
- The outer shell is made up of HPTT (High-Pressure Thermoplastic Technology)
- Channeled EPS provides superior energy displacement
- FFS Fog Fighter System is the combination of an innovative inner lens that provides maximum fog-resistance and makes it fog proof.
- Pinlock ready face shield that provides protection from outdoor impacts
- Removable and washable comfort liner placed in the interior of the helmet
- Removable chin curtain
- Breath deflector
- There are Top and chin vents with exhaust port placed in the back
- Cheek pads contoured with laser cut foam
- DOT/ECE certified
- Built-in Twin Shield System Drop Down Sun Shield Provides protection to your eyes from the glare of the sun and dry wind in summers
- quick release metal security plate reinforced chin strap is easy to secure and easy to release
- The technical fabric liner is easily removed and washable so you can keep your helmet as fresh as a new one.
6.Biltwell Lane Splitter Helmet
The biltwell’s full-face helmet is an ultimate answer to your many demands it has dua shells that are an innovation to provide you a high-level safety. Both shells are made up of different materials to give you two different types of safeties on is to stop heat penetration and the other is to regulate the temperature of the helmet. There are vents for good ventilation, cheek pads for a good fit, and also a plus is its communication system.
- Dot certified
- Flat black
- A full-face type helmet
- Premium lightweight injection-molded ABS shell provides lightweight and heat repellent.
- Another Secondary polystyrene shell inside insulates the helmet for optimal temperature regulation in hot weather.
- Lycra fabric lining wicks away moisture and promotes breathability and freshness like a new one.
- Featuring a shock-absorbing EPS liner that fortifies helmet structure for a secure fit.
- Hand-stitched inner padding
- Cheek pads contoured
- BioFoam Molded urethane chin bar cushion for comfort.
- Vents placed in the chin bar get the air flowing and the out and provides ventilation and comfort.
- A brass peg and hole configuration on the left side of the shield offers speedy opening and quick securing.
- Mesh pockets are included to drop in communication systems.
7.AHR DOT Motorcycle Full Face Helmet
The AHR helmet is an efficient and reliable helmet for the daily commuters and comes to you with multiple features at a reasonable price. The ABS shell makes it lightweight to the shoulders but sturdy and compact.also have dual visors to give a crystal clear view and protect the face from the dangerous UV radiations and harsh wind.its also have proper vents and throw out the bad hot air through the outlet to moderate the temperature.
- The outer shell is made up of ABS material which is lightweight to wear but also compact, hard, and sturdy for protection.
- Air vents to create a light flow of air that aims to keep your head cool under the sweltering heat and for comfortable riding
- Built-in double visors – wide visual field clear visor to provide clearer and wider view & inner sun visor to provide from the glare of the sun.
- Tough & high elastic front visor
- Streamlined aerodynamic design
- Removable and washable cheek pads for easy cleaning and make helmet fresh like new
- Plush interior padding with greater comfort to give a cushion-like feel to your head
- better moisture management
- It exceeds or meets DOT safety standards
8.ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip up Modular Full Face Helmet
The ILM motorcycle helmet is a sleek and aerodynamic product and maybe a most comfortable summer thing. The flip-up helmet has top performance in terms of dimensions, safety, and functionality. The ILM 902 is perfect with the High Resistance ABS Shell helmet suitable for those who are searching for a full-face helmet that is aesthetically stylish and safe as well as the practicality of an open helmet.
- Flip-up modular face helmet
- Matte black
- Manufactured with Ultra-lightweight ABS material ensures a comfortable fit and minimized stress on your head and shoulders
- Micrometrically An Adjustable chin Strap
- Sleek and Lightweight Design
- Dual visor featured with Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Clear Visor
- An excellent ventilation system
- Small air vents up front provide excellent airflow into your helmet and throw out the bad hot air through the outlets and let cool air in by inlets.
- Sleek design minimizes wind resistance and heat-generating friction
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
9.Voss 888FRP Bullet Cruiser Half Helmet
The Voss half helmet is a classic riding gear for the classic riders. Designed with a deep fitting helmet silhouette, the 888FRP covers the entire skull, allowing it to fit snugly to a low profile head that won’t easily topple over with movement. The fiberglass shell is made up of hand-woven fiberglass with excellent heat resistance, permits greater airflow of cool wind, stops the sweat production, and makes you dry and cool than what you’d find on a full-face helmet.DOT approved.
- Matte black
- Half Helmet
- Deep Fitting helmet that fits deep at the low profile head.
- The outer shell is Manufactured with Hand-Woven Fibreglass
- Helmet weight – 2.0 lbs / 945 g
- Ratchet system micro metal quick release chin straps that are attached to a strengthened nylon woven.
- Ultra Comfort: Removable Kool Komfort microfibre liner Voss Integrated Visor system
- DOT approved
- Easy drop manual interchangeable integrated sun lens
An Ultimate Buyer’s Guide to choosing the best motorcycle helmet for hot weather
Manufacturers introduced a wide range of motorcycle helmets in the market but you have to choose the coolest helmet for the hot weather. The task may make you feel overwhelmed if you don’t know your requirements and don’t know which factors you should consider while buying a ventilated motorcycle helmet. There are simple guiding points which will help you to make a wise decision. The factors are pen down below:
Certification and approval:
When buying a helmet by a common retailer or valid website make sure that there is a spot of DOT stick at the back of certification by DOT (department of transportation) it signifies that your specific helmet meets or exceeds DOT or ECE safety standards.
To choose a ventilated helmet you must check visors of the helmet. The helmet should be featured with dual visor one called clear visor and another called dark smoke visor these two different functions that play a very important role to make you safe. The clear visor will provide you a clear vision and save from stains.visor also protects your eyes from the glare of the sun and some outside impacts like dirt or bugs that you don’t get distracted. The other one dark smoke visor used on sunny days saving you from varying light conditions.
The weight of most of the helmets lies between 1400 to 1800 grams. The weight of the helmet should be evenly distributed around the head and neck of the rider so that the rider never feels a hammer-like burden at his shoulder otherwise he cannot drive for a long time. A heavy helmet can cause strain in the neck. You must check its weight by wearing it for 15 min before buying it.
Ventilation system and comfort:
The ventilation system in the helmet is the main factor to buy a helmet for summers.must check its interior designing and construction material that the proper airflow in the helmet will keep the rider cool and dry. The intake and exhaust vents are the main ingredients to make a helmet cooler, some have switches to open and close these vents are easy to operate and attain good ventilation and comfort.
The microfiber fabric must be used inside the helmet that will prevent it from germs, dust, and bugs. The Inner padding should be comfortable and made up of a material that must provide comfort and safety to the rider. The inner padding should also be removable and washable which is good for hygiene. The pads should have a moisture-wicking system that saves you from discomfort.
Q: What is the best motorcycle helmet for hot weather?
The best-ventilated helmet should have a good ventilation system, visors, proper vents, and microfibre fabric inner padding that makes it best out of best for the sunny days and unforgiving weather.
MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmet,Typhoon Adult Full Face Motorcycle Helmet, 1Storm Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet are top-rated helmets
Q:What is the best motorcycle jacket for hot weather?
There are some best jackets that are available in the market. That helps you to stay safe in a hot season which is as follows:
BILT Blaze Mesh Motorcycle Jacket ,Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Mesh Motorcycle Jacket, Icon 1000 Basehawk Motorcycle Jacket.
Q: What do you wear on a motorcycle in hot weather?
In the summer days, everybody wants to ride but before this, you should do some safety protection and wear the right protective gear to save your body from dry, harsh wind and heat exhaustion. Ventilated Costume includes a Vented helmet, Mesh gloves, Moisture-wicking t-shirt, cooling vest, a mesh or vented jacket, Mesh motorcycle pants, vented motorcycle boots.
Q: Are black motorcycle helmets hotter?
Yes, black painted motorcycle helmets are hotter than white ones. There is a scientific reason behind it. Black color absorbs more sunlight that’s why the helmet heats up more readily and white color reflects the sunlight that’s why it doesn’t absorb more heat.WRAP UP!
With the increasing industry of helmets, they are coming with advanced features and new modifications because it gets confusing and a challenging task to go and see everything before having a final decision. In this article, our team did in-depth research and conducted interviews with manufacturers and experts to give the best out best products which you were seeking for
If you don’t have proper knowledge of the pros and cons of best-ventilated motorcycle helmets, you cannot enjoy the maximum benefits of the helmet and motorcycle helmets for beginners can be the right choice for you. You must have a look at the complete buyer’s guide which includes the factors which you should consider while choosing the coolest helmet to grab maximum advantages that can serve you the best.
Your final decision should be based on your requirements so make sure that you actually know what you really want.
Enjoy your summer with your new coolest helmet ever.